Last night I was able to sit down for a while and open the string drawers. Sometimes, I get to cutting several colors at once and throw all the strings into a drawer together. What a mess!
After opening the drawer I decided it needs to be sorted immediately, and all the strings put away correctly. I sort my strings by color group.
Luckily, only one of my drawers was a mish-mash of colors and I was able to sort it quickly.
It turns out I had thrown these all together in my blue string drawer, so now I will be able to find the blue strings when I need them.
When the drawer was sorted I put the colors away. If I have a substantial amount of a color, it gets its own drawer. If I only have a few, they are put into a gallon size ziplock and stored together.
Although I just used a whole pile of green strings, it looks like I have enough to design another green strings quilt, so I’ll be keeping that thought tucked away in my brain.
Other than that I’ve been working on getting some other projects finalized.
I was able to sit down and design several more blocks for my patriotic sampler, which I am considering releasing on the blog for free, as a block-of-the-week Pattern.
Looking forward to getting started on it!
Until next time,
The Quilt Police