Yesterday was a busy day. I was off of work but had to head in for a court appearance in the afternoon. Afterwards I did some cleaning around the house and was able to get some sewing in before the husband got home.
What I’m working on this week is getting borders on a Split 9 Patch. This is what I ended up with for the center of the quilt. I’m doing a scrappy neutral border made of 4 patches.
For this border I’m using the leftover neutral 2 1/2″ squares and chain piecing them in pairs.
After they are all pieced in sets of two, I chain press them open.
Then I match them in pairs again, making sure that the seams go the opposite direction.
Then I stitch the pairs together and press them open into a completed 4 patch unit. I need 76 of these to finish this quilt top.
I had better get back to sewing!
The Quilt Police